LONGFORD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AT GLANCE
MOTTO : SINE LABORE NIL PROSPERAT – NO CROSS NO CROWN
- To provide cost effective, efficient and excellent world class education with highly trained motivated, dynamic and resourceful educators and administrative work force in a safe, conducive, disciplined and intellectually challenging environment.
- To prepare our children by deploying world class technology aided teaching and learning.
- To aid learning by understanding the child’s effective skills ( i.e weaknesses and strengths) and using it to effect changes in his/her cognitive domain.
- To create a challenging and competitive, discipline, cultured, creative, God fearing responsible and firm learning environment where justice and equity, respect for others and leadership character is imbibed.
- To develop a BALANCED CHILD who is strong, understanding his/her weaknesses, as good moral, ethical, friendly and democratic in nature.
- To develop children who would contribute to humanity, help and affect his/her society at large.
- To build the Longfordian Spirit into every child who passes through the school, for him/her to understand different heritage, diversity and values and use the understanding to effect changes in the ever-changing and dynamic world.
Committed to providing balanced, holistic, world class and excellent Educational package, in order to breed God fearing, exceptional leaders and world changer.
Longford International School in Lagos Mainland came into existence on a Wednesday, January 24th, year 1962. It was a vision borne out of Late Chief B.O.B (Bandele Osho Bamgbola) Alonge, in his quest to make education available and affordable to all Nigerians.
The historical Federal and State Government Approved Private School was named NIGERPECO (Nigerian People’s High School) at inception. In year 1984, it became Ago-Egba High School and precisely 2006, the name Longford International School emerged.
The narrative description of the now LONGFORD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL would be incomplete without acknowledging the doggedness, dedication, determination, discipline and decisiveness of the founder (his blessed memory Late Chief B.O.B Alonge), likewise that of the Managing Proprietor in person of Mr Olufemi Alonge, as well as members of the Board of Directors from inception. These passionate bodies contributed immensely to the actualization of the founder’s dream as conceptualized.
The commitment to the vision of the school “providing balanced, holistic, world class and excellent Educational package, in order to breed God fearing, exceptional leaders and world changer” was sustained and substantiated by the managing proprietor.
Longford International School got her Excellence Award in year 2005, the school was marked and awarded the BEST in Lagos State by Lagos State Educational committee.
The School celebrated its 58th anniversary on account of multifaceted excellence. It is however, worthy of note that the school has continued to register success in various external examinations such as the Lagos State Junior School Certificate (JSC), West African Senior School Certificate, Junior cum Senior School Certificate (NECO) and the Checkpoint/IGCSE.
The school has produced so many great leaders/Icons in Nigeria and beyond with a persuasive commitment never to relent in producing the desired human result that will excel in their chosen fields of work and study, ranging from Science, Art, Commercial, to Entrepreneurship, Sports and Vocational.
An expert in Chemistry and Sciences, Mr. Raphael O. Ajah has been a teacher par excellence. He is a graduate of University of Uyo with various researches at University of Ibadan and equally a Master holder in Science Education. He is currently embarking on his Ph.D. certification.
Mr. Raphael O. Ajah is a distinguished educator who has surfaced, featured and functioned in the classroom and school Administration in various capacities. He is propelled by 5Ps:
- Possibilities and
- Promptitude to T &T (Tasks and Targets)
Hence, his quest in developing the aforementioned five propellants in Learners and Co-educators. In addition to his teaching assignments, he was involved with different areas of school administration. As a subject expert, he has coordinated and participated in a number of CPD Teacher Development Programmes and worked as WAEC and NECO Examiner for External Examinations.
He has for years successfully taught diverse group of learners and also perfect in involving, motivating and leading learners to achieve classroom goals. He is a self-disciplined person with a firm set of beliefs, ideas and values.
It is worthy of note that no child is a dullard, and that success in life is multifaceted hence, learners should be given equal right to a balanced and qualitative education which is obtainable in this Great Citadel of Learning
Mr. Raphael O. Ajah is happily married and blessed with children
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
“Learning: the treasure within”
Education is the hidden treasure of mankind, since it develops the greatest and the most precious resource the human being. At Longford International School we impart a system of education that develops the whole person – body, heart, mind and spirit which enhances growth and freedom in a child centered learning environment.
Longford International School is deeply rooted in the vision, mission and dedicated service towards all-round education.
We firmly believe that every child is unique and has the potential to achieve excellence. For excellence is not born rather achieved through relentless determination and a sense of integrity. This is clearly evident from the rush for admissions and the high esteem in which the public holds it. The School has grown in leaps and bounds in strength from hundreds to thousands within a span of many years. It is truly an honour for me to serve as the principal of this Great Citadel of Learning.
I owe my sincere gratitude to the management for their guidance and support. I appreciate the entire staff for their commitment and hard work and the parents for their continuous patronage. I earnestly request all parents to engage their wards about happenings within the school. The opinions of our parents are useful and valuable.
Let us collaborate to achieve “Excellence”
Mr. Raphael O. Ajah
HI-TECH COMPUTER LABS
DIGITAL AND CONVENTIONAL LIBRARY
FULLY FUNCTIONING SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WITH ONLINE LEARNING
DEDICATED INTERNET LINKS IN ALL THE SECTIONS
WELL STOCKED PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY LABORATORIES
AIR-CONDITIONED SCHOOL BUSES
WELL-EQUIPPED HOME ECONOMICS ROOMS
STANDARD HOSTEL FULLY FURNISHED FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
TOP QUALITY ART STUDIOS
TOP RANGE SPORTS FACILITIES, INCLUDING A FOOTBALL FIELD, BASKETBALL COURT, VOLLEY BALL COURT.
WELL EQUIPPED AND HIGH LEVEL HYGIENIC BUTTERY
MULTI –PURPOSE HALLS.
*~A. Academic Clubs*~
*_1. Writers club*_
*Aims and Objectives*
- Identify the creative writing talents and abilities of members of the club.
- Promote learners’ engagement of reading, writing, speaking and representational skills and abilities through listening, talks, discussion and writing with regard to identified themes.
- Harness the above objectives through display of work at designated school notice boards; in the school newsletter and at additional coaching sessions in the school library.
- Promote creative writing through discussion, display, audio-visual material and competition.
- Promote learners’ English language communication skills and achievement, particularly with regard to, although not exclusively, those who have been identified as gifted and talented in the subject of English.
*_2. Speech and debate club*_
*Aims and Objectives*
- To impart on students the basic rules of debate and qualities of a good debater.
- To give tutorials to learners on how to present a good speech and preparation of note cards.
- Inter-class debates shall be organized each term to prepare students for inter-school debate.
- Excursion to Radio/TV stations to acquaint students with the art of news presentation and broadcasting.
- Organize talk shows to expose the students to the art of making public speech.
**_3. Mathematics club*_
*Aims and Objectives**
- To create an easy learning concept of Mathematics.
- Develop techniques for critical thinking.
- Learning Mathematics in creative and innovate ways.
- To encourage the study and appreciation of Mathematics.
- Keep students ahead of their peers and learn how to solve difficult Mathematics problem.
- Identify gifted and talented students in Mathematics and prepare them for the Cowbell Mathematics Competition.
- To deepen the knowledge of students in Mathematics generally.
- To demonstrate to learners that Mathematics is not abstract but logical.
*4. Jet Club*
The club is set up to help students appreciate the impact of technological and scientific development on the overall well being of the nation.
*Aims and Objectives:*
- To produce young engineers, technicians and scientists who are able to deal with local technological and scientific issues.
- To analyse and proffer solutions to underlying environmental problems from a range of scientific and technological perspectives.
- To serve as a platform where students apply theory learnt in science subjects for the production of tangible goods.
- To create a forum for scientifically inclined students to share knowledge and ideas (through tutorials) especially in key science subjects like: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
*5. Spelling bee club*
*Aims and Objectives:*
- Encourage students to explore and study the English language.
- Help students to learn how to spell quickly and with accuracy.
- Build and improve students’ vocabulary.
- Promote students’ knowledge of proper word usage.
- Encourage students to strive for excellence in spelling and reading.
- Organize spelling and reading competitions among students in an atmosphere of fun and friendship.
*6. ICT club*
*Aims and Objectives*
- Create a social media.
- Create programmes that can access other programmes.
- Programme mini-computers.
- Create and design websites.
- Learn how to fix computers.
- Learn how to troubleshoot.
*B. Non-academic Clubs*
*1. Dance and Drama Club*
*Aims and Objectives :*
- To train and rehearse students for dance performance during school’s special events.
- Organize dance classes for students.
- To discover and develop creative skills in students.
- To teach students the basics of drama, language and culture.
- To help students develop interest in the areas of art and theatre.
- To help the students appreciate extra-curricular activities.
*2. Home Maker’s club*
*Aims and Objectives*
- To identify the needs of students.
- To identify skills in cooking and weaving of fabrics.
- To groom young people to be financially independent
- Satisfy the identified needs of the students by teaching them good house-keeping skills.
- Teach the students practical cookery tasks and weaving of fabrics.
- Teach financial literacy for the management of the home.
- Demonstrate how to launder and store clothes.
- Food processing and preservation.
*3. Press and Photography Club*
*Aims and Objectives*
- Engage the learners and build their confidence on public speaking, debate and other journalism and leadership skills.
- Organize “motivational and inspirational talks” for the learners.
- Having an in group critique of photographs that members have taken at least once a month. This helps members of the club receive and administer constructive criticism in a positive environment, and encourages improvement of photography skills.
- Having at least four photography-related outing per term. This gives the members of the club an opportunity to test their photography skills outside of the school environment with each other.
- Promoting photography throughout the school . This can be done by posting pictures taken by the club around the school to demonstrate the photography skills of the members of the club while simultaneously advertising for more members to join.
MR FEMI ALONGE(MP)
MANAGING PROPRIETOR LONGFORD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS
A dedicated, resourceful and goal-driven professional educator with a solid commitment to the social and academic growth and development of every child.
Highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated educator who wants all children to be successful learners.
Meet Our Management Team
We have a team of dedicated and innovative staff . They are always coming up with new ways to digitize and make education a delight for every child in Nigeria
MRS NANCY ONYINYECHI ONUEGBU
HEAD OF LIFETREES SCHOOL
HEAD TEACHER LONGFORD PRIMARY SCHOOL
VICE PRINCIPAL LONGFORD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
PRINCIPAL AND MANAGING PROPRIETOR LONGFORD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL